More Useless Information
So you’re a glutton for punishment. Ok. Make yourself comfortable. Here’s all about ME. (Yawn.)
My clients include globally recognized recording artists, media corporations, Internet companies, visual and performing artists, music publishers, record labels, writers, directors, motion picture producers and a broad spectrum of content creators.
My nearly two decades of experience includes cases involving copyright infringement, trademark infringement, patent infringemet, misappropriation of name and likeness (rights of publicity), misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, unfair competition, and fraud.
I lead the Entertainment, Internet and New Media Practice at one of the world’s premiere law firms and am an adjunct professor of intellectual property law.
I am an associate member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and a voting member of the Academy of Televison Arts and Sciences (ATAS).
I understand the personal and financial importance of intellectual property, and make it my business to understand my client’s business so I can protect, license and enforce their rights in their creations. I am committed to creativity, innovation and collaboration. I am a partner in my clients’ aspirations and endeavors, and have a passionate, long term commitment to their success.
Recent matters I have handled include:
- Lead counsel for defendants and counterclaimants in legally significant, hard fought and high profile trademark infringement lawsuit asserted amongst former members of the seminal punk rock band, Black Flag.
- Defense counsel to well known musical instrument manufacture in claim for misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Led defense in claim of copyright infringement asserted against major, international fashion house.
- Outside copyright and right of publicity counsel to major, Texas based retailer, providing on-going clearance counseling to in-house legal team on advertising copy and accompanying images
- Represents member of legendary rock-n-roll band in sale of client’s share of copyright interest in band’s library of works to third-party investor
- Lead litigation counsel for music icon in contract and intellectual property dispute with bandmates
- Lead outside intellectual property counsel for major U.S. recycling corporation, supervising and directing prosecution of large and complex mechanical arts patent infringement claims against alleged infringing competitors
- Litigation counsel for major, international music and media company in matters related to copyright infringement, trademark infringement and breach of contract
- Lead counsel in defense of copyright infringement claim asserted against legendary American rock artist from Minnesota
- Counsel for classic American New Wave band in matters related to copyright reversion rights.
- Prevailed as lead defense counsel in patent infringement dispute brought by U.S. sportswear designer against renown Canadian clothing manufacturer
- Outside general counsel to new media company specializing in electronic/dance artists and run by Grammy-nominated songwriter/producer for platinum recording artists
- Served as lead defense counsel in seminal intellectual property case invalidating as unconstitutional Section 511(a) of the United States Copyright Act. Marketing Information Masters, Inc. v. Board of Trustees of the California State University System, 552 F. Supp. 2d 1088 (S.D. Cal. 2008)
- Defense counsel to Grammy Award winning, American hip hop artists in series of high profile copyright infringement lawsuits relating to the group’s international No. 1 hit songs
- Prevailed in seminal intellectual property case that invalidated as unconstitutional Section 511(a) of the U.S. Copyright Act.
- Represented Sephora USA in suit brought by Sophia Loren and the estate of Marilyn Monroe in claim for misappropriation of name and likeness.
- Arbitrated international misappropriation of trade secrets dispute between oil re-refining companies in India and the United States.
- Represented motion picture producer in defending copyright claim regarding feature film released by Lions Gate Entertainment in Fall 2007.
- Prevailed in defense of $10,000,000 claim for beach of contract, and obtained award of $623,000 in attorneys fees and costs, in software distribution dispute.
- Southern California counsel for publicly traded, multi-national media conglomerate in issues related to outdoor advertising.
- Defended trademark infringement action involving the Oscar in claim brought by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences against world’s largest statuette manufacturer.
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. You can reach me at 310-576-2258 or 949-223-7173 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see my (relatively) up-to-date bio, go to www.bryancave.com, and follow the links to my profile page.
This blog/web site is made available by Jonathan Pink for educational purposes only, as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. It is not intended to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog/site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the publisher. This blog/web site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.