More Useless Information
So you’re a glutton for punishment. Ok. Make yourself comfortable. Here’s all about ME. (Yawn.)
I am a commercial litigator with a specialty in high-stakes trademark, trade dress, copyright, patent and trade secret disputes. My clients include individuals, start-ups and Fortune 1000 companies in industries ranging from media to manufacturing, software to soft drinks.
I have successfully represented many of the biggest names in the automotive and motorcycle aftermarket parts industries including B&M Racing & Performance Products, Hurst Shifters, McLeod Clutches, and Baron Custom Accessories. I have extensive experience litigating claims for breach of contract, fraud, unfair practices, trade libel and a broad spectrum of intellectual property matters in state and federal courts across the nation, as well as before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
I practice at one of the largest and most well respected law firms in the world. Our Intellectual Property Group is different than most in that we are not merely lawyers, we are also inventors, authors and artists, scientists and engineers. I understand the personal and financial importance of intellectual property, and make it my business to understand my client’s business so I can protect, license and enforce their rights in their creations. I have a passionate, long term commitment to their success.
Recent matters I have handled include:
- Prevailed in seminal intellectual property case that invalidated as unconstitutional Section 511(a) of the U.S. Copyright Act.
- Represented Sephora USA in suit brought by Sophia Loren and the estate of Marilyn Monroe in claim for misappropriation of name and likeness.
- Arbitrated international misappropriation of trade secrets dispute between oil re-refining companies in India and the United States.
- Represented motion picture producer in defending copyright claim regarding feature film released by Lions Gate Entertainment in Fall 2007.
- Prevailed in defense of $10,000,000 claim for beach of contract, and obtained award of $623,000 in attorneys fees and costs, in software distribution dispute.
- Southern California counsel for publicly traded, multi-national media conglomerate in issues related to outdoor advertising.
- Defended trademark infringement action involving the Oscar in claim brought by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences against world’s largest statuette manufacturer.
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. You can reach me at 949-223-7173 or by e-mail at email@example.com. To see my (relatively) up-to-date bio, go to www.bryancave.com, and follow the links to my profile page.
This blog/web site is made available by Jonathan Pink for educational purposes only, as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. It is not intended to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog/site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the publisher. This blog/web site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.